Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

In preparation for the upcoming Indie Emporium (Tulsa, OK :September 30th and October 1st at Living Arts Gallery) I have been creating and cataloging my new temari.  After 3 years of learning the discipline of temari, I am now approaching each ball as an individual object d'art.  No longer am I striving to learn divisions or patterns, each ball in an expression of myself in this delightful medium.

I am beginning the process of becoming certified by the Japanese Temari Association in the hopes of eventually being honored as a temari sensei.

Recently I have been focusing on the sizes of temari that tend to sell well during the holiday season.  I am even working on a tree for the Festival of Trees at the Philbrook Museum.




1 comment:

  1. Everything you do is beautiful art! I bet your tree will be my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete